Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Facebook Topic: Please read  (Read 3958 times)
KenInBoca
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:16:00 AM »

I know we all have our differences. And sometimes we get under each others skin. However I consider this site like family. With that said I am asking everyone to put their differences aside and please take time to read this completely.

I am not sure that Frosty would want everyone knowing. But its something I feel i really need to do.

About 8 years ago I hit a pretty low point emotionally in my life. There were 3 people who helped me through it that were not my actual family. Steveo, Frosty and his father.

Frosty's dad made it a point to drive Frosty from basically Miami to Ft. Lauderdale to see me. He became a friend. Someone I always respected and looked up to. I love the man to death, a great human being. Always with a smile on his face. He could cheer  you up just walking in the room. I had the pleasure of going to Dolphin games with them, hanging out, etc.

Frosty is very private about alot of things so I do not know all the particulars. But this is the part that I know.

In May of 2012 Frosty's dad was diagnosed with Follicular indolent lymphoma, B cell with transformation, an aggressive form of cancer in stage four and with very bad intentions. The discovery of his condition was due to a simple fall while cleaning his pool. He noticed a lump on the side of his pelvis, and attributed it to the slip, but after a few days when the discomfort didnít go away on its own, he started suspecting that it may be something else.

He went through extensive testing, complex diagnosis and had completed some Chemotherapy at the Cleveland Clinic Hospital. His cancer was in remission and was reacting positively to the treatment.

However, he needed a Stem Cord Transplant. So his parents relocated to Tampa, FL to receive treatment at Moffitt Cancer Center for three to six months. He seemed to be doing better from what I heard.

Yesterday morning someone asked me where Frosty was. So I sent him a message. I was blown away by the response that he had just got a call saying that his dad had a heart attack. And he was on his way from Miami to Tampa. And that he would keep me apprised as to what was going on.

When he got there they told him it was not a heart attack. That his dad was septic. He developed sepsis, a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death. They had him on a respirator because he could not breath on his own.

At 5 pm last night his father lost his battle.

Please keep Frosty and his family in your prayers.

I am happy that he doesnt have to suffer anymore. But I truly feel like I lost a member of my own family. He will always have a special place in my heart.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 08:49:14 AM by KenInBoca » Logged
dolfanreal69

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:31:32 AM »

Prayers,I know all to well what is like to lose yer dad.
dice

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 12:13:29 PM »

I'm truly sorry for the loss Ken ... and wish there was anything I could say to make a difference.  Please tell Frosty that I am deeply sorry for his loss.
Red Flag, Jim

I Bleed Aqua and Orange

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 01:16:59 PM »

Ken well said.. My prayers are with Frosty and his family.. please send my condolences

" Everyday is Saturday when you're retired"
Frosty

^ Not a mature, adult-like avatar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 03:20:49 PM »

Ken, I can't begin to describe how appreciative I am for those words. I knew you were fond of my father but those words really hit home. I can't begin to describe how I feel right now. My hero and best friend was taken from me and my family yesterday. He was way too young (51). The only reason why I started following the Fins was because of him. My dad was lucky enough to witness success with this team that the newer generation could only dream of. I wish I could of seen Miami win a Super Bowl when he was around. I watched every game since I was born with him and this season, regardless of what this team does, will be horrible to sit through. I thank ALL of you guys for the prayers and well wishes.

Once things get settled, I'll be back on the boards to get conversation rolling...Regardless of who is still posting here or not.
NC Mike

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 03:49:46 PM »

Condolences to Ken and Frosty.  Sad.

Henne may not be here, but my gnome's name is Chad !!!
KenInBoca
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 06:14:01 PM »

Ken, I can't begin to describe how appreciative I am for those words. I knew you were fond of my father but those words really hit home. I can't begin to describe how I feel right now. My hero and best friend was taken from me and my family yesterday. He was way too young (51). The only reason why I started following the Fins was because of him. My dad was lucky enough to witness success with this team that the newer generation could only dream of. I wish I could of seen Miami win a Super Bowl when he was around. I watched every game since I was born with him and this season, regardless of what this team does, will be horrible to sit through. I thank ALL of you guys for the prayers and well wishes.

Once things get settled, I'll be back on the boards to get conversation rolling...Regardless of who is still posting here or not.

I meant every single word. I know how important he was to you. I feel the same way about my father. He is now 72 years old and I worry every day that I will get the call that something happened to him.

I am truly not sure how I would handle it. I know I will need the strength of my family and friends as you do now.

Just know that I am always here my friend.
Rich

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 08:52:51 PM »

Sorry for  your loss Frosty. Hang in there, bud.
Steveo 90
Way better then a hound.........
Administrator

The Innuendo King

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 07:01:18 AM »

Frosty you already know how I feel,if you ever need anything at all I'm just a few miles up the road and I will be there for you my friend

"any day that you are hiking is a good day"
DolfinMark

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 07:53:01 AM »

My sincerest condolences, Frosty.  Your dad was obviously a great dad, since he raised a fine young man!

Condolences to you too, Ken, on the loss of a great friend.   

AARON MURRAY!!!
KenInBoca
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 07:55:29 AM »

Thank you everyone. I know it means alot to me. As it does to Frosty.
STORK48
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 07:02:48 PM »

Frosty,

Sorry to hear about your Dad, sounds like he was a great man, and a great father. I know there is nothing I can say to make thing's any better, just know that my thoughts are with you, and keep your chin up!

"Recession is your neighbor losing his job, depression is you losing your job, recovery is Obama losing his job."
KYfinfan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »

Ken sent me news of this.  I'm sorry to hear of your loss Frosty.  It must be tremendously difficult to deal with.  Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. 
rvooys

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 01:44:26 PM »

Frosty, really sorry to hear this man.... Sounds like a great man.

DolfinMark and Ireland have proved to me, that I am the one who over-reacts to the situation and jumps to conclusions. Jeff has shown remarkable restraint as GM of the Dolphins. And he is a really really nice guy too boot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: