Username:

Password:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Facebook Topic: off topic........a special welcome to our loyal followers  (Read 38034 times)
EvilPhilter
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2009, 07:41:33 AM »

I believe this matter has been handled in email, which Steve you have been CC'd on I believe.  Maybe SirFin will respond on here and clear up some confusion.

The incident (if its even worth calling it that) happened 4 years ago so its pretty possible someone just forgot about it.  I know I cant remember what I are for dinner last week.

And Ken, if I ever saw anyone talking negatively about you and Steve in public on other boards where I still have the ability to delete threads, I would immediately.

And I dont think its funny, I think this is starting to get ridiculous.  You guys are complaining about Padre talking about your character, and you guys are posting hitler pictures of his profile picture, and calling him a fucking douche bag in your public forums and posting dick tater pictures.  And then you are going to try to play the victim card?  Come on man.

You BOTH have been in the wrong for a lot of things and are acting like 16 year old girls.  As far as Im concerned, no one has showed any character and its getting silly that any of you guys would question the other parties character.  Everything that keeps coming every day seems to be in retaliation.  He spit on me, so I punched him.  Then he punched me, so I called him a douchebag.  Then he called me a douchebag, so I called the cops on him. Then he called the cops on me, so I knocked down his mailbox.  Then he knocked down my mailbox, so I shot him with a paintball gun.  Its just going on and on and on and its starting to get ridiculous.  Its been what, 2 weeks now and it keeps on getting worse and worse.\

Didnt SirFin just post
I don't give a damn about your little web dramas. I hope on this site we can keep it simple.

Yet it continues 2 posts after his.

Cheesy
Steveo 90
Way better then a hound.........
Administrator

The Innuendo King

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2009, 07:55:45 AM »

*Sigh*

Are you guys done making stuff up? Because I still have that magical search ability and the ability to re-post threads from 2005.

but you were the one who brought it back up.....Smiley

phil,like i have told you several times if you want this to be resolved then somebody knows exactly what needs to be done.......we didnt ask for this but never assume that neither of us are pushovers and will stand for what was stolen from us

i have an idea,why doesnt he come over here and try and defend his stance
he will most certainly be allowed to speak his mind and produce facts if he so chooses.......have you seen all the facts phil

"any day that you are hiking is a good day"
KenInBoca
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2009, 08:08:36 AM »

Philter

You know I have always respected your opinions.

And I still do. Whether I agree with them or not.

But Steveo and I have asked for an answer to two questions and cant seem to get one.

Gerry keeps telling people he bought us out a long time ago.

So show us proof. Show me a cancelled check, a bill of sale, something.

And what gave him the right to ban two of the 3 owners of the site?

He claims that this wasnt about wanting all the power. Yet he stated numerous times that HE made the decision, HE did this, HE did that.

Funny how Steveo and I were never given total FTP access to a site which we owned 66% of.

Oh and ask him how an email sent to ME at my personal email account was intercepted by him.

If he didnt want us around and we brought nothing to the site then why is he so worried whats happening over here in our lil corner of the web?
EvilPhilter
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2009, 08:42:13 AM »

but you were the one who brought it back up.....Smiley

Come on Steve.  Sir Fin said no more web drama, then anyone reading this thread can obviously see the "fucking douchebag" post and Kens "dick tater" post right before mine.

phil,like i have told you several times if you want this to be resolved then somebody knows exactly what needs to be done.......we didnt ask for this but never assume that neither of us are pushovers and will stand for what was stolen from us

Yup.  But we dont need to beat a dead horse again Steve.  And I think I explained to you why your and Ken's demands were a little unrealistic given the current positions. Its a two way street Steve.  I know what needs to be done to resolve it, but you wont make a step in the right direction until Padre does what you want, and vice versa.  Its not solely Padre thats holding stuff up, and its not you, its both of you guys.  You dont seem to want to talk for this reason, and Padre doesnt want to talk for this reason.  Its both of you guys.

i have an idea,why doesnt he come over here and try and defend his stance
he will most certainly be allowed to speak his mind and produce facts if he so chooses.......have you seen all the facts phil

Its not all Padre, Im acting for myself.  Just like I would for you guys if the scenario was reversed.  And related to the SirFin comment, I think I have read enough to contradict what SirFin just posted.  You did too Steve.  And show me some facts that I havent seen.  I'll gladly accept.

But Steveo and I have asked for an answer to two questions and cant seem to get one.

Have you guys asked your questions to Gerry?  I was unaware that you guys have talked.  I know I got Padre and Steve to talk, but I was unaware that these questions have been asked to him.

Gerry keeps telling people he bought us out a long time ago.

So show us proof. Show me a cancelled check, a bill of sale, something.

Padre has never said to me he bought you guys out. 

And what gave him the right to ban two of the 3 owners of the site?

I cant answer this, but im sure if you guys dont settle it beforehand, the legal process will.

He claims that this wasnt about wanting all the power. Yet he stated numerous times that HE made the decision, HE did this, HE did that.

Well I have gotten a different impression.  From our talks, it seems that he is willing to talk to you guys and work stuff out.  I got him and Steve to talk last week.  I dont think that someone who wants 100% of the power would be willing to try to work out your problems.... or at least thats the impression that I got.

If I was in Padre's position and wanted full control and some guy tried to get me to talk to you guys, I wouldnt.

Funny how Steveo and I were never given total FTP access to a site which we owned 66% of.

Again I cant comment on things that only you, Steve, and Padre know about and what your arrangement was.

Oh and ask him how an email sent to ME at my personal email account was intercepted by him.
Was it sent to your yahoo, gmail, or hotmail account or your account at phinzmania?

If he didnt want us around and we brought nothing to the site then why is he so worried whats happening over here in our lil corner of the web?
As I said above, I am not Padres official messenger and I post because I want to post.  If anyone slanders you at the other site, Im handling it.  And if anyone is slandering him here, then im responding.  Im friends with both parties and im doing my best to remain neutral and defend both parties.
Frosty

^ Not a mature, adult-like avatar.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2009, 09:42:03 AM »

This shit is getting old, real quick.

And coming from a guy who's made a message board living on stirring the pot, thats saying something.  Grin
KenInBoca
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2009, 09:47:55 AM »

Phil.

I tried talking to Padre before all this totally escalated.

When he banned Stork, then Steveo.

I called Padre on the phone. Of course he wouldnt answer.

I said "Gerry its Ken. We really need to talk and work this out for the good of the site. "

How did he respond. He banned me. Then he started the post about the direction of the site.

And if you do not believe me that he is telling people that he bought me out ask some people here.

rodriguez24

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2009, 12:39:56 PM »

In fairness of the facts. The only reason Gerry posted the post about the direction of the site was because information leaked out. It says so in the post.

Yo le quiero dejar lo que no tuve...
Sir Fin

The legend continues...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2009, 08:19:23 PM »

First of all... I know NOTHING about the current situation. I don't care. The only reason I raised my ugly head around here was my guys at our tiny little site wanted more people to talk to. So I went to Phinzmania and told them about our site. I think Padre posted a couple times at Asheville Fins Club. I then was invited to this site. Several members of this site posted at our site. I wanted to start posting again and to be 100% honest with you... I wanted to be where Frosty was... because Love him or hate him... he made it fun. I also felt good about being reunited with Ken, Steve and some of the other posters I had become such good friends with. I invited my guys to join a bigger site so they could have more posters to talk with. I suggested Phinzmania and Phinzrage. Because of recent posts on our site by Phinzragers... my guys felt comfortable joining the site. They don't even know about Phinzones, manias, heaven's. All they know is Asheville Fins Club and now Phinzrage. We don't care about the past. We don't care about fights between Ken and Gerry. We don't care about anything but the Miami Dolphins. When I mentioned NO DRAMA... I was talking about our colorful history... leaving Phinzone... and some of the other stuff that started happening at Phinzmania. While I love reading about it... it is a terrific read fellas... I don't want any part of it. I was mildly surprised to see my name was already dragged into something. As far as my mentioning the phone call... for me it crossed the line. I was basically accused of trying to bring down Phinzmania. Things were attributed to me that I never said. Things were written supposedly by me that I never wrote. Trust me... when I got the phone call from the Padre... the last thing I wanted to do was waste my evening being accused of things I didn't do and trying to convince somebody I had nothing to do with it. Gerry and I had a civil conversation. He wasn't rude and I don't have any ill will towards him. I just didn't like being accused of something I didn't do or had no part of. But what bothered me most was that the POWERS that be at Phinzmania would even think I could do something like that. It didn't say much about me. Look, anybody who knows me... I mean really knows me, will testify that I am a man of character. I like to start shit sometimes... in fun. I love a good argument. And I love my Miami Dolphins... enough said. If you guys have split up... then let it go. If someone got wronged... well that happens. Let's all move on. We've got bigger fish to fry, i.e., the undefeated New Orleans Saints.

"The Great Dolphins' tradition is on hiatus." - Ricky Williams
EvilPhilter
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2009, 07:10:21 AM »

Hey SirFin,

I dont think any of us are trying to cause any BS with you.  Unfortunately, thers a riff between Ken, Steve, and Padre, which Im sure you know about, and I responded because I am still friends with Gerry and the posts were painting a different picture than what really happened.

You posted:

I kind of stopped posting two years ago after I got a phone call out of the blue accusing me of trying to bring down Phinzmania or something like that. It was all news to me.

This post made it sound like Gerry found your phone number and called you just to accuse you.  Which is why I responded questioning it because I read the thread about the incident from 4 years ago, and that wasnt the sequence of events.

I believe Padre sent you an email to clarify and clear his name.  When the incident happened, I believe Padre ASKED you for your phone number if he could call you and find out what was going on.  You responded to him with:

XXX-XXX-XXXX... call as soon as you get this.. I go to bed early... I have a radio shift at 3AM

Larry

Padre didnt call you out of the blue, he asked if he could and you told him he could and told him to "call as soon as you get this."  To which Padre called you to talk and find out what was going on.  Then you just posted:

Gerry and I had a civil conversation. He wasn't rude and I don't have any ill will towards him. I just didn't like being accused of something I didn't do or had no part of. But what bothered me most was that the POWERS that be at Phinzmania would even think I could do something like that.

Which is more in-line with what I was reading.  And I'll remind you that the POWERS that be at Phinzmania who were accusing you of doing that, wasnt just Gerry in 2005......

Which is the other reason why I responded.  Ken and Steve were making it out like this incident was soley Gerry, which isnt the case.... which Im sure you can see in the email he sent you.

ANYWAYS, Im sorry for posting, but Im friends with Ken, Steve, and Gerry and I post on both boards and I wanted to defend him because a few posts in this thread were painting a much different picture than what seemed to happen.

Let's all move on. We've got bigger fish to fry, i.e., the undefeated New Orleans Saints.

Agreed.  Glad to see you here and hopefully the drama will end very shortly.
Steveo 90
Way better then a hound.........
Administrator

The Innuendo King

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2009, 07:35:45 AM »

phil we really do want this to end soon............please believe me on that

"any day that you are hiking is a good day"
Sir Fin

The legend continues...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2009, 07:45:38 AM »

Look, I can't remember what I had for dinner last week. I do remember having Alka-Seltzer and Ginger Ale for the Dolphins game because I was battling Swine Flu. I don't remember all the events of 2005. I don't know what Email you are talking about... a recent one? If you are talking about an email from 2005... hell that was three computers ago. I don't hold on to any of that crap. When I say, "OUT OF THE BLUE" I am not simply referencing the phone call... but the accusation. The entire incident came out of the blue. I can't recollect these things to the letter of the law. What I found most disturbing regarding the incident of 2005 was that somebody had made statements using my name and using information only a handful of people knew... meaning it was somebody that was privy to all the information making the statements and attributing them to me. As much as I was upset that my friends would think I would betray them, I was also pissed that some asshole was getting my involved in their scheme. Philter... like I said in my last post... I don't know what is going on with the split. From the little I've been told it would seem it's a lot like the split from Phinzone except for the fact there are some friendships involved... or sadly, the ending of friendships. I don't have the right to tell you guys to drop it and play nice. This is your problem and where there is ownership rights involved sometimes things just won't go away. All I will say is this, what happened when we left Phinzone was an incredible thing. People... Dolphin fans that barely knew each other banded together in support and Phinzmania was born in a day. I will alway thank Ken for that... he worked quickly... and it all came together. In days Phinzone went from being one of the top fan sites to dead in the water. Why? Because it's POSTERS... it's CHARACTERS... it's PEOPLE... left and went to the new Phinzmania. It will never, ever be about the site. It will always be about the posters... the members. Remember FantasticFins... I think Casey and Jacob are still doing the site... It is a beautiful site... technically... it's got everything except for a forum. ANd why is there no forum... because they don't have any POSTERS... and they get maybe a couple hits a week. Basically it's a dead site because it doesn't POSTERS. Think back to the early days of Phinzmania when Thrawn, Frosty, Me and others were battling to see who got to 1000 posts first... we were all posting all the time.. and accusing people of "Padding" their post list... and we were fighting... I remember Richard and me getting so mad at each other that we'd take it to Private Messages... and then it would all smooth out and we'd apologize for crossing the line... and then Frosty would piss me off... And Ken would try and settle us down... and every once in a while a NEWBIE would stick their nose in and we'd hammer them and they'd crawl back to Finheaven... but every once in a while somebody had the balls to stick around... and then we had the Poster's Hall of Fame... Such good times... I guess what I'm rambling about is... THIS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT... TALKING SMACK ABOUT OUR DOLPHINS AND EACH OTHER. I think Phinzmania.com is a wonderful site. I am saddened that things have progressed like they have. Business relationships are hard to keep civil. The POSTERS will decide which site survives. I'm not holding my breath... but the best thing would be for the owners of the two sites to figure out a way to work together... otherwise one of the sites is a goner. You can keep it on the web forever... but if there aren't POSTERS breathing life into the site.. it's dead. In closing... this will be my last post regarding this issue. I am so excited about the game Sunday I can hardly contain myself. That is what I want to be talking about.

"The Great Dolphins' tradition is on hiatus." - Ricky Williams
KenInBoca
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2009, 08:06:56 AM »

As always Larry. You are the best at putting it all out there.

And that was the major "difference in direction" that we all had.

One was worried about having an arcade and gadgets where the other wanted CONTENT and THE OLD POSTERS more involved.
Frosty

^ Not a mature, adult-like avatar.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2009, 10:14:32 AM »

I guess what I'm rambling about is... THIS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT... TALKING SMACK ABOUT OUR DOLPHINS AND EACH OTHER.

Its what its ALWAYS been about.

People don't realize that all this forum thing is for FUN. Its purely for entertainment. If you try to take away that aspect of talking smack to one another, you'll end up with a clone fan site. Phinzmania was never intended for that just as this place isn't intended for that either.

Getting back to your roots is important in my opinion. We (as a community) didn't do that back at the other place. And its no coincidence that once we tried going away from what got us to where we were in the first place, things began to fall apart.

I hope this drama shit ends soon so we can get back to talking about stuff that matters....Mainly me and how awesome I am.  Grin
RTW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2009, 11:18:41 AM »

Are you guys done making stuff up? Because I still have that magical search ability and the ability to re-post threads from 2005.
So find them and post them before making vague statements. I'm curious to know what really happened anyway.
A-frickin'-men.

If you have it, post it.  Otherwise it comes across as lies and empty threats.

Then he started the post about the direction of the site.
Anyone have a link to this thread or is this the famous thread that was deleted?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:30:33 AM by RTW » Logged

"America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership."

- Barack Obama
KenInBoca
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2009, 11:52:46 AM »

I heard it was deleted.

I havent been back there since the split.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: